Claycomb Chalets Pet Policy
We are pet-friendly here at Claycomb Chalets. We have a few rules that must be adhered to if you are going to bring your pet(s).
We allow up to 2 pets per cabin (no exceptions) with certain breed restrictions (see below)
All Guests who bring their pets must agree to comply with the following rules & regulations:
- Guest to pay additional pet fee (non-refundable) in the amount of $100 per stay.
- All pets must comply with the following specifications (documentation from an accredited veterinarian must be provided by Guest upon request): a. May not exceed 65lbs. b. Must be at least 2 years of age or older c. Must be spayed or neutered. d. Must not have fleas or ticks. Flea/tick collars or medication is recommended. e. Must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended in the Laurel Highland Mountains.
- All pets must be leashed at all times.
- Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse. $25 fine for each occurrence will be imposed if waste is not removed promptly.
- Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture WILL incur extra cleaning fees.
- All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. Ticks transmit Lyme’s Disease, a life-long auto-immune deficiency disease that can have a fatal outcome in children and elderly persons.
- Pet must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage may be deducted from security deposit.
- Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. If your dogs bark excessively, DO NOT BRING THEM. You will be asked to remove the nuisance causing animals immediately. If you do not remove the animals, local county or state animal control may be called to remove the animals from the property immediately.
- Pet will not EVER be left unattended on the property or in the Chalet for ANY length of time, either indoors or out. Pet will not be left unattended on balcony, patio, or porch.
- Claycomb Chalets & it's Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
The Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet and any damage it may incur while on the property.
THE FOLLOWING BREEDS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY AT ANY TIME DURING YOUR STAY. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Pit Bulls & Staffordshire Terriers, Doberman Pinschers, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Chows, Great Danes, Presa Canarios, Akitas, Alaskan Malamutes, Siberian Huskies, Wolf-hybrids
If you have any questions regarding our pet policy please contact us prior to booking your stay.